Stone Carving Lessons/Courses - Terms & Conditions
- All lessons/courses are offered subject to scheduled availability.
- Maximum number of students per lesson/course is 6.
- All have a minimum attendance level and may be cancelled if too few bookings are received.
- Jonathan Sells reserves the right to make amendments to lesson/course content without prior notice.
- Prices do not include accommodation or travel costs.
- The tuition fees include stone for your lesson, plus the loan of stone carving tools on the day.
Health & Safety
- All lesson/course participants must wear sturdy shoes to protect against damage from heavy stone and dropped carving tools etc.
- All participants should wear sensible, warm clothing i.e. not their best outfit. Stone is dusty!
- We provide safety goggles and/or visors which must be worn, but please bring any extra face coverings.
Specific dates cannot be guaranteed when making a booking or purchasing a stone carving gift voucher. We will, however, do our best to accommodate any desired dates. Please visit www.jonathan-sells.com for all scheduled lesson/course dates.
On the day…
Please arrive punctually, unless prevented from doing so by events which are beyond your reasonable control. Jonathan cannot delay start times for late arrivals.
Payment for lessons/courses and gift vouchers
Payment must be made in full at the time of lesson booking, or voucher purchase. We cannot confirm a place on any course and have no obligation to you until we receive full payment.
Payment can be via PayPal (preferably), or bank transfer.
» PayPal payments
Please see the lessons section of www.jonathan-sells.com for full details.
» Bank payments
SORT CODE: 40:37:36
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 62054272
ACCOUNT NAME: Jonathan Sells t/as Jonathan Living-Stone
If you are paying by bank transfer, please use your full name, e.g. SmithAngela, as a reference. Please allow 5 working days for confirmation of your payment.
Stone carving gift vouchers
If you have bought a gift voucher we will post this within 7 business days after your payment (excluding Bank Holidays). This will be sent 1st Class, Signed For. Please make sure that we have up-to-date details for you: address, email and phone number.
Please also let us know who the voucher is for, and we’ll need their up-to-date contact details too – an email address and phone number.
Once you have received the gift voucher, please ask the recipient to check the website (www.jonathan-sells.com) for lesson dates and then contact us to book. We will endeavour to accommodate their chosen lesson date, depending on whether that particular day is already fully booked.
Cancellation/Postponement of lessons by Jonathan Sells
All lessons have a minimum attendance level and may be cancelled if too few bookings are received.
A course may also be cancelled at short notice for reasons beyond Jonathan’s control, e.g. bad weather conditions, illness or a vehicle breakdown.
The options for either of the above are:-
1. Rearrange a new, mutually convenient lesson date.
2. Receive a full refund. A qualifying refund will be made for the full value of a gift voucher, or paid for lesson booking, but will exclude any gift voucher postage costs.
3. Refunds can only be made to the person who made the booking and credited to the payment method that was used at the time of payment.
Cancellation by you (or the voucher recipient)
»» Cancellation within one month of purchase
If you wish to cancel a paid for booking or gift voucher and require a refund, this must be done within one month of purchase.
1. When a qualifying refund is made it will be for the full value of the booking or gift voucher, but will exclude any gift voucher postage costs.
2. Refunds can only be made to the person who made the booking, and credited to the payment method that was used at the time of payment.
»» Cancellation at short notice
For short notice cancellation the options are:-
1. Keep the booking but rearrange a new, mutually convenient lesson date.
2. We can give a refund if we can fill your lesson space, but not if we can’t.
3. You may substitute another person to take your place. If so, we will need 24 hours’ notice and will need their name, email address and phone number.
4. Depending on the cancellation reason we may occasionally, and at our discretion, offer a refund at short notice.
5. When a qualifying refund is made it will be for the full value of a paid for booking or gift voucher, but will exclude any gift voucher postage costs.
6. Refunds can only be made to the person who made the booking, and credited to the payment method that was used at the time of payment.
Should cancellation and/or postponement of lessons occur due to Covid-19 government rules, we ask that in the first instance you liaise with us to re-book for an alternative date.
Please note: in the event of cancellation for any reason, Jonathan Sells will not reimburse travel or accommodation costs, or any other expenses incurred in relation to lessons.
Conduct during stone carving lessons
Abusive or inappropriate behaviour or language, towards staff or other students will result in immediate removal from the workshop. Your payment will not be reimbursed if this happens.
- Jonathan will not accept responsibility for the loss of, or damage to, any personal possessions. This includes clothing, shoes, or personal property such as mobile phones etc.
- Jonathan will not be liable for any loss suffered by you which is indirect, special or consequential.
- Jonathan will not be liable for any loss suffered by you resulting from any event which is beyond his reasonable control.
- No credit or debit card information will be held by Jonathan Sells.
- We do not sell your data to any third parties.
By booking a lesson/course or buying a gift voucher, you and/or the gift voucher recipient agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
This Contract is governed by English law. Last updated: December 2020.