Sculpture & Stone Carving Lessons from Dorset-based Sculptor, Jonathan Sells
Teaching Dates 2018
Jonathan will be teaching on the following dates:-
- May 19th 2018
- June 23rd 2018
- July 14th 2018
- August 18th 2018
For more details on stone carving lessons in Swanage, Dorset, or to book, please contact Jonathan.
Stone Carving Lessons – Expression of Interest
It’s often easier to arrange stone carving lessons over the phone, as there so many variables.
Please fill out the contact form below and I will contact you as soon as possible.
- Stone carving tutor in Swanage and surrounding areas, from Spring 2009 to present.
- Heart of Efford Community Partnership Highview School, Makaton “Welcome” sign carved with students & parents (2011).
- Get Art Activity Week Heathlands Community Centre, Ferndown. Stone carving workshop.
- Kaleido Arts Efford Youth Club in Plymouth, tutoring young women (2010).
- Walford Mill, Wimborne “Stone Paper Scissors” Exhibition of 3 different media, contemporary craft work inspired by the Jurassic Coast, it was selected as part of the official Jurassic Coast Arts Programme by the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site (2009).
- Walford Mill, Wimborne Centre promoting British contemporary crafts – stone carving workshops with groups of children from local schools (2009).
- Lychett Minster School Jurassic carvings project with schoolchildren (2009).
- The Old Malthouse School, Langton Matravers Stone carving tutor to Junior School children (2007).
- NHS Trust – Mental Health Occupational Therapist teaching clay modelling & sculpture in a variety of media (1996-2007).
- Durlston Country Park Stone carving workshop (June 2006), and ‘have-a-go’ at carving (June 2004).
- Free Expression Arts Festival, Blandford Stone carving workshop for all ages (Aug 2005).
- Inter Action, Chess set project Worked with visually impaired people from Milton Keynes and a visually impaired artist to produce a 3ft high chess set (2004).
- VOLNET launch of DFPD Teaching stone carving to disabled people at Clayesmore School, Blandford (2004).
- Holton Lee (Respite Centre) Poole Workshops for the visually impaired (2003).
- Winton Centre, Winton Series of stone carving workshops (2003).
- Wool First School Big Arts Week – work with 60 young children producing insects in mixed media (2002).
- South West Arts – Little Acorn Project 16 week project, teaching stone carving to groups of people with a variety of disabilities.
- Bournemouth Council & Social Services Working with groups of 6-10 people, teaching sculpture and stone.
- Psychiatric Rehab & Day Centres carving, (e.g. Leven House).
- Holton Lee, Holton Heath, Poole The Waymarkers Project: one-to-one and group carving tuition to people with disabilities (2001).
- Priestland’s School, Lymington Noah’s Ark – carving an 8ft 6ins high fountain with schoolchildren to reflect environmental issues (1998).
- Ad Astra First School, Canford Heath Teaching children clay modelling & stonecarving (1993).
- Bournemouth Council & Social Services Series of teaching workshops.
- Poole Council – Broadstone Youth Centre Workshops for permanently excluded schoolchildren.
- Dorset County Council Durlston Country Park teaching stonecarving to schoolchildren.