Privacy & Cookies
2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR I am the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Jonathan Sells by email to email@example.com.
3. By using the Website you consent to this policy.
Information we collect
4. I will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to me by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Normally you will only provide such details if you wish to receive an occasional e-newsletter, or are making an enquiry or purchase from me.
5. I also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to this website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
6. Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from my website is not received or stored by me. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that I use. Jonathan Sells will not have access to that information at any time. I may share your personal data with my payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to me, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
Use of your information
7. I may hold and process personal data that you provide to me in accordance with the DPA and GDPR. I will hold your data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. In some instances the law sets the length of time information has to be kept (such as accounting records for HMRC), but in most cases I will use my discretion to ensure that I do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements, i.e. for providing a service to you and for as long as the individual can be considered a customer (i.e. while there is a significant probability of a further purchase being made by the customer based on normal purchasing patterns). Your information will be disposed of in a secure manner when it is no longer needed.
8. The information that I collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable me to provide our services to you, and to meet my contractual commitments to you. In addition, I may use the information for the following purposes:
8.1 To notify you about any changes to this website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect my service;
8.2 If you are an existing customer, I may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
8.3 Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties’ products or services that I feel may be of interest to you;
8.4 Where you have consented to receive my e-newsletters, from time to time to provide that to you.
Disclosure of your information
9. I may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable me to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
10. Where you have consented for me to do so, I may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you about their goods or services that you may be interested in.
11. If you do not want me to use your data for my use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to me on the form on which we collect your data, or you can do so by sending me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
12. Please be advised that I do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to any advertisers but I may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about my site visitors.
Controlling the use of your data
13. If you have given me consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want me to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can contact me by email at email@example.com at any time.
Where I store and transfer your data
14. As part of the services offered to you, for example through my Website, the information you provide to me may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as I use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA – this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of my suppliers, e.g. my website server host, or work for me when temporarily outside of the EEA.
16. I do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
18. Otherwise, I will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on me or the website.
19. You have the right to opt out of my processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to my site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your personal data, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
21. Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of my site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password that is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
22. You might find links to third party websites on my website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. I do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as I have no control over them.
24. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by me. Please write to me or contact me by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information I hold relating to you. You can send an email to email@example.com. There is no charge for requesting that I provide you with details of the personal data that I hold. I will provide this information within one month of you requesting the data.
25. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given me in relation to how I may use your data. You also have the right to request that I cease using your data or that I delete all personal data records that I hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to me by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
26. I may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how I am protecting your personal data.
Version: May 2018.